Are you thinking of selling? Been holding out for the crash to go away? Well before you put the sign on the front yard there are a few things you should do to insure you can get the best price possible.
- Find an expert in your area to sell your home. Interview at least 3 agents and pick the one who has sold the most homes at asking price or above. Family is not always the best option because it may cause friction during negotiations.
- Spend the money and make sure your yard is perfect. A well kept home shows and sells for more.
- De-clutter your house. You may think that family pictures help, but they actually hinder. You want the prospects to imagine themselves in your home. With too many family pictures it changes their mood.
- Get the dogs out of the house. Remove their bowls and clean up the back yard. You cant hide the fact that you have pets, but a house with no site of them will sell quicker.
- Have the agent do the showings. An agent is trained in sales and sales psychology. Let them show your home to make sure it has the best chance of being sold.
- Don’t accept the first offer just because. Discuss with your agent, look at the trends and make sure you are maximizing your return. Its been a rough few years, dont let the first sign of life cost you money.
Of course there are many more things to think about, we hope this helped start your journey. Always trust experts with transactions of this amount. It may seem easy and almost everybody thinks they can do it, but be careful, it may caused you a large amount of money. Your piece of mind is worth more than the risks you take on your own.
Fill out the form below and our team can answer your questions.